Yes. Analysts from socially responsible investment (SRI) firms and other investment-focused organizations regularly report on HP’s Sustainability performance. These assessments help us to benchmark our Sustainability programs and initiatives against other companies. In 2016, the following were among the ratings and rankings that included HP:
- CDP 2016 Climate Change Reports—HP was named to CDP’s “Climate A List” for the third year running in recognition of the company’s leadership in corporate action on climate change. HP was also one of 29 companies globally out of more than 3,300 assessed by CDP to make the supplier engagement leaderboard. During the year, HP was one of eight companies—and the only one in the information technology sector—named to CDP’s inaugural “Forest A List.”
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index—For the fifth year in a row, HP was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and North American Index. These indexes measure the sustainability efforts of companies based on a number of metrics.
- Mediacorp Canada—For the 10th year in a row, recognized by Mediacorp Canada as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for creating a culture of environmental awareness in their organizations.
- The Gartner Supply Chain Top 25—A perfect 10 scored for Corporate Social Responsibility in The Gartner Supply Chain Top 25 for 2017, which identifies companies that best exemplify the demand-driven ideal for today's supply chain and document their best practices.
- EcoVadis—The EcoVadis methodology framework assesses the policies and measures put in place as well as the reporting published by companies with regards to environmental, labor practices and human rights, fair business practices and sustainable procurement issues. This year, HP continued its Gold recognition level for the 8th consecutive time, putting us among the top 5% of companies and 1% of suppliers in our industry.
- CONAI Eco-friendly packaging award - The CONAI Eco-friendly packaging award rewards the most innovative and ecofriendly packaging solutions placed on the market in 2015-2016 years. The HP Officejet 250 Mobile printer cushion redesign project was about replacing virgin Expanded Polystyrene (EPS or Styrofoam) cushion with an eco-friendly paper pulp cushion with 100% recycled content. This change allowed for a 35% box size reduction and 40% container density improvement
Know the Chain - Our efforts to combat forced labor in the supply chain have been recognized by Know The Chain, which ranked HP as the top company in its benchmarking of ICT companies. Companies were evaluated based on seven categories: commitment and governance, traceability and risk assessment, purchasing practices, recruitment, worker voice, monitoring, and remedy.
For a list of HP environmental awards, see www.hp.com/go/sustainability_awards.