HP inks generally have a low level of oral toxicity.  The use patterns of HP printing supplies as well as the cartridge design make it unlikely that significant amounts of ink would be accessible or available for ingestion.  Exposure may occur as a result of touching the mouth with contaminated fingers.  Ingestion of ink may cause staining and irritation of the mouth and throat tissues.  Ingestion of large amounts may result in mild gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.


HP encourages users to seek professional medical advice in case of accidental ingestion of any HP supplies product containing ink The HP Health Line has been established to assist customers in obtaining answers to health-related questions concerning HP ink products.  This phone line is staffed around the clock by trained medical professionals and is available at no cost to the customer.  In the United States and Canada, customers may call toll free (800) 457-4209.  All other callers should dial (503) 494-7199.  Collect calls are accepted and staff members fluent in over 200 languages are ready to offer assistance.