Our supply chain accounted for about half of our carbon footprint and roughly a quarter of our water footprint in 2017, so our suppliers are essential partners in our work to minimize negative environmental impacts. With both our production and nonproduction suppliers, we are driving industry-leading practices that benefit our customers, global communities, and the planet.
Reduce production suppliers’ environmental footprint
• Measure, report, and motivate reduction of supplier environmental impacts
• Build supplier capabilities to reduce GHG emissions through energy management and renewable energy use
• Promote water stewardship and drive toward zero-waste manufacturing
• Drive supplier transparency and goal setting
• Elevate supply chain environmental standards through collaboration
Decrease product transportation-related GHG emissions
• Enhance our logistics networks
• Prioritize transportation modes with lower GHG emissions
• Improve shipping densities through optimization programs and innovative packaging
• Advance standard GHG emissions calculation process across transportation industry
Reduce nonproduction suppliers’ environmental impacts
• Reduce environmental impacts through collaboration
• Support environmental reporting practices
We believe that transparency is essential to advancing environmental sustainability across our industry, and request that our suppliers provide key environmental data and move to standardized reporting methodologies.